6.04.2011

Juicing ....and Baking

Today was day five of my raw juicing experiment. I contracted with myself to go five days and assess at that time. I have determined for many reasons, it was a success. I diverged from my original plan to juice two times a day and eat a sensible dinner. I ended up juicing exclusively. The benefits have been remarkable. I know from my research that I have naturally cleansed my organs. I know I have consumed and absorbed vitamins and minerals and nutrients at a powerful rate! I have dropped five pounds. I had NO symptoms prior to my cycle this month (which has been wacky and pre-menapausal for a year or so....sorry male readers) I feel wonderful. The old adage is true: YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT. In conclusion, it was challenging at first, but I could see my cravings shift from refined, sweet carbohydrates to natural, delicious God given foods.

Here was a new twist....red yams - delicious!

My new plan: continue juicing breakfast and lunch and transition into whole foods dinners:
lean meats, whole grains, legumes, nuts, lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.

After a week I shall assess again.
I will hopefully be well on my way to a whole and true foods diet.
Will probably juice on occasion for the before mentioned benefits!

And speaking of whole foods...I have been wanting to learn to make my own bread for a long time. You might remember my friend Stacy coming to my class this spring during our Little Red Hen unit to teach us how to mill wheat and bake wholesome bread.
She invited me over for a personal tutorial this week.....so. much. fun.
So today I gave it a whirl at home. Charlotte was my helper.



When I get to Houston, I am ordering this
(a sweet gift from my husband)....so I can grind my own wheat.

But until then, I am using Bob's Red Mill products...


Like organic stone ground whole wheat flour
and vital wheat gluten which is the natural protein found in wheat.
It contains 75% protein and a small amount added to bread dough improves
its texture and elasticity.
Here was my bread dough before it began rising....
and being put into the oven.


And here is the finished product.....the whole house smelled marvelous!

Claire was my first sampler. She went with a thick slice with our favorite toppings:
The Bee's Knees natural peanut butter and Crofter's Four Fruit Jam!


The first bite......

TWO THUMBS UP FOR MOM!!!

So....the juicing experiment comes to a close with great success and I'm delighted to move forward with designing meals with whole foods in the coming week. Starting with whole grain bread! Have you tried juicing? Go for it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments. Let us know you stopped by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...