I made Sara Foster's oatmeal-banana muffins (yes....she is one of my favs!) with a few substitutions. They were delicious!
Here is the recipe with my substitutions noted:
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I used half whole wheat flour and half unbleached bread flour)
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar (I used half brown sugar and half granulated sugar)
12 tablespoons melted butter
3 large eggs
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I omitted)
I also added in a scant 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Line 12 large muffin cups with paper liners.
Place oats on baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes. Cool.
Combine or sift together flour, baking powder, salt in large bowl. Add oats.
Whisk together sugar, butter, eggs, bananas, buttermilk, oil in a separate bowl until well blended.
Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until dry ingredients are moist and blended. Do not over-mix.
Scoot batter into prepared muffin pan (1/3 cup each cup).
Bake 20-25 minutes, until tops of muffins spring back when pressed lightly and a toothpick comes out of the centers clean.
Cool for 5 minutes and serve. Yummmmmmy!
They were a hit with the whole gang this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love your comments. Let us know you stopped by!