4.19.2011

New Recipes

I received my new cookbook in the mail a week or so ago.....Sara Foster's newest cookbook, Southern Kitchen. As an aside, when my husband told me we were moving to Arizona, a friend gave me a desert gardening book and I ordered a southwestern cook book. Do you see the pattern here??? My strategy is simple: gather information, embrace the new culture and keep on smiling! Somehow it just works. That along with great measures of God's grace!

How delighted I was to curl up in a comfy family room chair and "read" my new book from front cover to back cover, taking in all the exquisite photos and the special excerpts of personal information by Sara. It is full of old fashioned recipes, southern soul and charm. And lots of ingredients I have never purchased, cooked or served to my family. I like challenges. I like "firsts". We'll see if my gang does......cheesy grits, fried okra, crawfish, squash puppies, sweet potato spoon bread and gold rice.....should be an interesting culinary adventure!

This week we tried 2 recipes from the new book - both were beautiful and delicious. Every member of my family enjoyed the simple crab cakes and the summer succotash


Fresh, quick and yummy.
We will do these again during the hot summer months for sure!
All the kids wanted seconds of both!

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to come for dinner! Yum. That makes southern look so good!

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments. Let us know you stopped by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...