9.02.2012

To God Be the Glory

Today was a most special day.
I was commissioned as the 
Director of Children's Ministry at Spring Cypress Church

I wrote about receiving the letter of call back HERE.


We also sang two of my favorite hymns today

To God Be the Glory
&
How Great Thou Art

Singing the words "to God be the glory great things He has done" rang sweet in my soul today.  
Truly He has done great things in calling me to this ministry and preparing me for this work.
I am so very excited to partner with parents and families
in the spiritual nurture of their children.

I'm excited to teach our covenant children about Jesus.

The woman who is retiring from this role after 12 years has become a dear friend
and she has been a sincere blessing to me the past month and longer
as we've worked to transition into fall programming and
into new leadership.
I am thankful - so very thankful for Jan!

We had a celebration lunch at the pastor's house -
a beautiful lunch celebrating God's goodness
with Jan and her husband, and the women who serve on the Children's Council
along with Colleen's family who serves as a Children's Ministry Assistant

It was a special blessing and celebration!

We are all enjoying the beauty of a long three day weekend
and next week I'll start my new job in full.

To God be the glory....
may I be the vessel He uses to bring His gospel of grace to every child and family I serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments. Let us know you stopped by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...