It is turning fall.
Slowly but surely it is cooling ever so slightly
here in Houston.
And I am in full anticipation of sweatshirts, stadium blankets
and fires in the fireplace!
And when the weather starts to turn toward fall. . .
my mind turns toward fall food.
Namely - soups!
I love to make soup.
There are no photos or links to recipes for some of my favorites
like grandma's vegetable beef soup or
my mom's potage crecy (carrot soup)
Ron's Chicken Corn Chowder or
Sara's Spicy Sausage and Lentil Soup
These are old favorites scratched out on food stained cards
that I cherish and turn to time and time again!
There are a few of our tried favorites available on the internet
and some new finds I cannot wait to make -
Our all time family favorite is Ina Garten's Chicken Chili
It is loaded with chicken and red and yellow peppers.
We love it with all sorts of toppings and tortilla chips!
Photo and Recipe from HERE
Another family favorite is Chicken Tortilla Soup
from Pioneer Woman
Photo and Recipe from HERE
While you're over at Ree's site, check out her recipe for
Roasted Vegetable Minestrone Soup
By far the best minestrone EVER!
Photo and Recipe found HERE
Here are a few new recipes that I want to try in the coming weeks:
Smoky Corn Chowder with Shrimp
from Bev Cooks
Photo and Recipe is HERE
I found this lovely looking recipe for White Bean Chowder
at An Edible Mosaic
Photo and Recipe found HERE
Lastly, I've been on the hunt for a decent homemake
wonton soup recipe.
I don't know if Martha is the best source for asian,
but her recipe looks clean and simple....so I'm gonna give it a try!
The kids love making wontons!
Photo and Recipe found HERE
Simply scrolling through these beautiful photographs made me hungry for soup!
And I think we are due for more rain today. .
so guess what we're having for dinner!?
Question is. . .which one!?






I would LOVE to get your mom's carrot soup recipe. If its the same soup that I had years ago when I used to watch the kids on Monday nights...it was delicious! I remember not being so sure about it (I'm not a huge fan of cooked carrots) but I was so wrong. It was amazing! : )
ReplyDeleteI will email you the potage crecy....creme fraiche is the secret ingredient if I remember correctly!
ReplyDelete