I've mentioned before how I am not your typical football mom.
I really do not care for the game in the least.
Or at least, I used to not care too much about it.
But, Warrior Football is different.
I like it!
I like it a lot more each season!
{and this is only our second season!}
I have begun to see the philosophy of Coach Spenn's program take root.
Here is an excerpt from our football handbook:
This football program is unique.
They excel at football, but they also excel at making boys godly men.
What mom wouldn't sign up for that?
I am so grateful. Peter will be under Coach Spenn for FOUR years!!!
Early season training included training in biblical principles of a godly man.
This past Tuesday evening, the team loaded up and went downtown to put on a football camp for underprivileged kids and served them dinner.
The seniors are trained to be servant leaders -
they lead the team through responsibility and service to underclassmen.
They have accountability meetings/dinners with the coaches.
It is not uncommon for coaches, parents and players to be affirming each boy
for their value to the team. Its one way they love one another!
This Mama is getting excited for the new season.
I still don't know too much except yardage gained is a good thing.
I'm gonna keep my eye on the ball and try to learn more this year.
But I've also got my eye on the heart of my boy....
He's crazy about football. And I pray he will grow in his love for Jesus, too!
{and this is only our second season!}
I have begun to see the philosophy of Coach Spenn's program take root.
Here is an excerpt from our football handbook:
Philosophy of Cypress Christian Football
Football at Cypress Christian is much more than a competitive game that young men play. It is an intentional curriculum that uses football to build men. The intent is to produce men that will live with reckless abandon for Christ in all things at all times; men that will be the same in public as they are in private; men that will be great husbands and fathers in the future; men that will learn to build deep meaningful relationships that will be used to sharpen each other and hold each other accountable for a life time. Our success will not be measured in wins and loses, but in how well we close the gap between our potential and our performance as players and as men, in fact it will probably take ten years to determine just how successful this season really will be.
Goal
For every player to know Christ and to make Him known.
The purpose of Cypress Christian Football is threefold:
- Use football to teach principles and values that will result in the building of courageous men who will live sacrificial lives to the glory of God both on and off the field.
- Purposefully build deep meaningful relationships that will last a lifetime.
- Develop each player to be the best football player he can be.
This football program is unique.
They excel at football, but they also excel at making boys godly men.
What mom wouldn't sign up for that?
I am so grateful. Peter will be under Coach Spenn for FOUR years!!!
Early season training included training in biblical principles of a godly man.
This past Tuesday evening, the team loaded up and went downtown to put on a football camp for underprivileged kids and served them dinner.
The seniors are trained to be servant leaders -
they lead the team through responsibility and service to underclassmen.
They have accountability meetings/dinners with the coaches.
It is not uncommon for coaches, parents and players to be affirming each boy
for their value to the team. Its one way they love one another!
This Mama is getting excited for the new season.
I still don't know too much except yardage gained is a good thing.
I'm gonna keep my eye on the ball and try to learn more this year.
But I've also got my eye on the heart of my boy....
He's crazy about football. And I pray he will grow in his love for Jesus, too!

No comments:
Post a Comment
We love your comments. Let us know you stopped by!