8.14.2012

Taquitos

I am always looking for new
healthy, quick, kid approved after school, after football, after Ballet, after Volley Ball
snacks...that the kids can kind of prepare and eat on their own.

When I saw this new recipe for creamy baked chicken taquitos, I had to try them.

{photo courtesy of Pink Parsley where I found the recipe.  You can see it HERE.}


The recipe says it makes 8 to 12
and I wanted extra for freezing and reheating
{with five kids, these sorts of snacks disappear all too quickly}


So I tripled the recipe and baked 25
and can safely say
I have enough filling for 50 more....

except I ran out of the homemade corn tortillas I get at the bakery.

{so that will be tomorrow's project - the filling will refrigerate beautifully}

David was my taste tester.
He loved them.
So did I!





The homemade tortilla sure was tasty
and the fresh chopped chicken, spices, lime and cream cheese, shredded cheddar....

Very yummy !

The kids got home from school and polished them off!  Every single last one!
And asked for more.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments. Let us know you stopped by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...