6.21.2012

True Worship

I admit my heart has been full these past weeks...
. . .with anxious anticipation for news regarding an exciting new opportunity
. . .with fear about our ever increasing financial commitment for our chidlrens' education
. . .with resentment about the amount of time my husband must travel
. . .with worry over certain circumstances out of my control
. . .with sadness for friends suffering health crises and major trials


and I could keep going.  
there are the regular worries a mother carries for her children
and the pure exhaustion from keeping up with five children and busy summer days
and ways in which things about life just look different than I ever thought they would
etc, etc, etc.

I know that in times like this, I must chose to put on true worship.

God is seeking true worshippers and it is through such worship
that we become surrendered to Him with love and admiration and wonder
and just being in His presence and enjoying His person
makes a full and heavy heart to flood with

joy
contentment
praise
obedience


My go to passage to center my worship is found in Ephesians Chapter one verses 3-14.



Worshipping and meditating on the glorious beauty 
of Jesus Christ, His magnificient worth and His radiant glory
align my heart with His
and I find myself beautifully transformed by
the renewing of my mind and a singular, pure devotion of my heart.


God's grace, lavished upon me - the truth of his goodness to me is expressed in these verses.
It pierces my heart and ignites true worship from the deepest wellspring of my soul.
And He becomes my all in all.
He becomes everything I need and more.
He alone fulfills every lost dream and disappointment.

Everything else fades away.
All the idols of my heart bumped off their thrones.

If you can relate at all.....consider what Christ has done for you...

He has blessed us with every spiritual blessing
He has chosen us in Him before the beginning of time
He has made us a holy people
He predestined us to adoption, according to His perfect will
He freely bestowed his redeeming grace upon us through Christ
He redeemed us through the blood of Christ
He forgave our sins according to the riches of His grace
In His perfect wisdom, He make known to us the mystery of His will
He has granted us an inheritance
He has sealed us with the Holy Spirit
He has made us His very own possession


And all of this is ours why????.....
verse 5 says it is all done for us

TO THE PRAISE OF HIS GLORIOUS GRACE


The goal of our adoption, our redemption and all our spiritual blessing is
that the glory of God's grace would be praised -

that we would be sons and daughters who
will enjoy making much of God's lavish love and life changing grace.


I am going to rest in His grace today!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments. Let us know you stopped by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...