It is so much fun to try new recipes.
This one is another new favorite from the Rodale Whole Foods Cookbook.
Spicy Chicken Empanadas!
The whole wheat crust was delicious and quite fun to work with -
Made for great 'play dough' fun for David.
The filling is diced chicken which simmers with a myriad of fantastic herbs and spices along with grated pepper jack cheese. I cooked and diced the chicken yesterday and had the dough made in the fridge. Today was assembly day.
I did them early in the day and covered them so they would be ready for a quick dinner tonight.
Next time I will definitely do them with the kids around so we can do an assembly line. I know Charlotte will think that to be fun!
All I had to do at dinner time was brush them with a beaten egg wash and bake them for 20 minutes.
Another winner with the kids!
I'm telling you.....this is the best cookbook EVER!
And everyone is done asking, is this another dinner from that healthy book!?
They just go with it now! Praise God.
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love your comments. Let us know you stopped by!