And truth be told, I took a deep breath. No more after school practices. No more Saturday treks across the city to games in far away places. No more uniform laundry and finding soccer socks at the last minute. Fellow moms. . .you know that feeling at the end of a season. You are sad to see it end, but you are thrilled it is over! (right!!!?!?!) I was ready for a little simplicity.
Well, last week I got an email from the middle school coach inviting all 5th grade girls to try outs for the middle school soccer program as they didn't have enough players. I deleted the email thinking "we don't need to do that!" I didn't even mention it to Bunka. Well, yesterday- try out day, Charlotte came downstairs ready for school with her soccer bag. "Hey mom, I am going to try out for the middle school soccer team. Can you pick me up at 5:30?" When, I ask, do these kiddos become so independent??? I smiled. "Sure dear!" Secretly, I didn't think she would make the team so I could be positive and encouraging but not stressed out about adding in another activity.
I picked her up at 5:30. She had had a blast! And of course, the coaches (a husband-wife team) are amazing! They were to send an email that evening. . . .
Charlotte was one of five girls selected to particiapte in the middle school program. Which starts today. First game is Thursday. Away. Forms and physicals due tomorrow. I'd be lying if in my heart I wasn't saying, "oh mannnnnn".
But then there was that smile - the kind that says, "I DID IT!" I really, really did it. She is so proud and ready for the challenge. And I couldn't be more excited to support her in this new soccer season!
Charlotte is thrilled with the prospect of warm ups with her number on the back. And a Warrior soccer bag. And playing with the "big" girls. For her school. Thats our Charlotte. She perseveres. She doesn't hold back. She joyfully pursues hard things.
GO LADY WARRIORS!!!
GO CHARLOTTE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love your comments. Let us know you stopped by!