9.23.2011

First Day of Autumn

We welcomed autumn today!
All week long, David and I have explored one of my favorite things about autumn. . .

APPLES!


We've read a plethora of our favorite apple books.
David has about memorized 

10 Apples Up on Top!!!

We painted with apples . . .




This was so much fun!


 And today we made applesauce.

Have you ever seen somebody have so much fun peeling apples?


He cranked and cranked --


peeled a whole bag of organic green apples


and sampled one, too!


He sure thought this pile of peelings was a lot of fun to eat, too.


In went the sugar and cinnamon. . .


He thoroughly enjoyed making applesauce.

But eating it was a whole different story.


He licked it a few times
exclaiming, "this is sooooo yummy!"


But I wasn't convinced, are you?



In the end, we decided to save it for Peter, Charlotte, Claire and Mimi!
Thumbs up for that great idea!


Looking forward to our first fall weekend.

I'm fixin' (new Texas lingo) to make an apple pie for my sweetheart
who has been gone for the past two weeks.  So glad he is home!!!



2 comments:

  1. I'm fixin' to come on down there and eat some, too! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little David gets the BEST Preschool teacher all too himself! :) Enjoy. I think we will go eat apples.

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments. Let us know you stopped by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...