I stumbled upon this beautiful confession today
while meditating upon Christ's atonemnt in my devotions...
while meditating upon Christ's atonemnt in my devotions...
It is my heartfelt confession as well.
MY HAPPY CONFESSION OF HAVING NO MERIT
written by John Piper (August 2009)
written by John Piper (August 2009)
This is my confession:
I was born into a believing family through no merit of my own at all.
I was given a mind to think and a heart to feel through no merit of my own at all.
I was brought into the hearing of the gospel through no merit of my own at all.
My rebellion was subdued, my hardness removed, my blindness overcome, and my deadness awakened through no merit of my own at all.
Thus I became a believer in Christ through no merit of my own at all.
And so I am an heir of God with Christ through no merit of my own at all.
Now when I put forward effort to please the Lord who bought me, this is to me no merit at all, because
And therefore there is no ground for boasting in myself, but only in God’s mighty grace.
May you rest with great peace in God's soverign grace today!
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love your comments. Let us know you stopped by!