We have been blending up green smoothies everyday
and we've finally hit upon some recipes
my kids actually LOVE!
I drink the big glass and David drinks the short glass for lunch!
Frozen peaches
Frozen mangos
a bannana
a handful of spinach
liquid of choice
(we use green tea that I brew with fresh ginger)
IT IS DELICIOUS.....REALLY!
Another great green smoothie recipe we make is from this book
by Dr. Alejandro Junger recommended to me by my sister.
She is a cancer survivor raising two young children and committed to
eating and preparing a whole foods, clean diet for her family.
{love you, Sarah!!!}
THE RECIPE:
1/2 Cup coconut water
(ZICO and O.N.E. brands are best)
1/2 Cup almond milk
2 large kale leaves
(Dr. Junger teaches kale is the king of clean)
1/4 avacado
1/2 cup mango slices
(fresh or I sometimes use frozen)
It, too, is scrumptious.
And to make it easier to whip these out a couple times a day, I prewash, spin and
package my spinach so all we have to do is dump a bag into the blender!
I also keep a gallon size bag of chopped, cleaned kale in the fridge.
No excuses!
1/2 Cup coconut water
(ZICO and O.N.E. brands are best)
1/2 Cup almond milk
2 large kale leaves
(Dr. Junger teaches kale is the king of clean)
1/4 avacado
1/2 cup mango slices
(fresh or I sometimes use frozen)
It, too, is scrumptious.
And to make it easier to whip these out a couple times a day, I prewash, spin and
package my spinach so all we have to do is dump a bag into the blender!
I also keep a gallon size bag of chopped, cleaned kale in the fridge.
No excuses!
Our family's philosophy:
the more servings of vitamin and mineral and riber rich fruits and vegetables
every day the better
and on a hot day, there's nothing better than a frosty, fresh green smoothie.
Do you have a favorite green smoothie recipe you can share?
Click the comment tab at the bottom of this post and
leave it for all to try!


YUM! We love to juice. Kale, carrots, apple, parsley, lemon and ginger is my favorite combo. Sometimes we'll add spinach or beets or celery to the mix. Several people have suggested that I should prepackage things, but I've never done it. It does look easier that way!
ReplyDeleteYou mentioned a book by one of my favorite authors/speakers: Paul Tripp. Love the way he thinks. He's spoken several times at our church and I've learned a TON! Thinking I may need to re-read "Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands." Love that title!
xo,
Linsey